STORE YOUR JEWELLERY!
- Indian jewellery can change colours in time if it has not been stored or cared for.
- Store your jewellery in a box lined with fabric, or cloth pouches. This will prevent discolouration of the metal, and prevent damage to beads or stones.
- Avoid storing multiple pieces and sets in a box, and avoid storing different styles of metals in a box.
- If you typically store all your jewellery in one large box, be sure to protect each piece of jewellery in individual soft tissue paper.
PRESERVE YOUR JEWELLERY!
- Keep your jewellery dry, and clean it after each use!
- Avoid spraying perfume or lotion directly on your pieces. Metals will oxidize and gold or silver may chip off.
- Make sure you always remove your jewellery when you apply perfume or lotion, or wash your hands.
- After each wear, clean your jewellery. Use a simple soft cloth to remove any residue from products such as lotion or sweat, which can increase the risk of oxidation.
- Avoid cleaning your jewellery with cleansers that contain acidic ingredients as this may damage your jewellery.
REMEMBER: YOUR JEWELLERY SHOULD BE THE LAST THING TO PUT ON, AND THE FIRST THING TO TAKE OFF.